Skills for today's board demands
Board requirements are changing. It used to be CEO clones and buddies were there to largely rubber stamp decisions.
Today, whether publically traded companies facing regulatory and investor demands, or privately held businesses cognizant of governance and value creation imperitives, independent directors play a different role. As an NACD (National Association of Corporate Directors) Governance Fellow and a consultant, he has the skills and the perspective to understand these requirements.
Ed's background and expertise position him to fill some of the critical gaps in expertise that Nomination & Governance Committees often uncover as they undertake a skills matrix analysis. He arrives ready to contribute in areas including:
- Thinks, writes & advises extensively on strategy - particularly around digital disruption, business model evolution & revenue growth, Internet of Things (IoT), Manufacturing 4.0, additive manufacturing (3D printing), sharing economy, and cloud based business models
- Global experience - Export Advisor to American Express; founded and owned a company in India; partnered with a German company in the US; experience in regions & markets around the world
- Digital & Social Media - consults with businesses on leveraging digital tools & social media platforms to build business - not just blabber
- Understands dynamic & passive risk - insightful perspective on lurking risks at intersection of business activities (e.g. FCPA & social media) as well as competitive, disruptive and opportunity cost risks of inaction
- Rapidly changing buyer expectations - building effective revenue growth strategies/tactics to match market expectations
- Creating value beyond EBITDA - creating process IP; strategic assets in data; find opportunities in disruption & business model evolution
- Talent management - as a former Airborne Ranger US Army Infantry Officer, instinctively understands the individual and organizational value of proactive professional development and succession planning
Other highlights include:
- experience in industrial manufacturing, security/defense and technology
- deep understanding of evolving requirements of sales channel
- disciplined and prepared
- Service Disabled Veteran
- National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD)
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- International Executive Resource Group (IERG)
Ed has great vision and is an exceptional talent that would add benefit to any Board of Directors fortunate enough to attract him.